Saturday, May 14, 2005

A Youth Pastor Gripe: We were with some great friends last night for a birthday party. Most if not all of them are youth workers with a local ministry here in town. They really are great friends and a ton of fun to be around. You have to understand me to understand my beef here. I am a pretty laid back guy, I love a good laugh and can really keep a party going. I'm not quiet at all and very confident. BUT when working with my students I am very laid back and fun loving but we never ever ever play games where we embarass students. I feel they are awkard enough with their own bodies and just don't feel right in their own skin why should I add to it. So back to my friends; they were telling me about a game they played at club on monday about an icecube that started at the beginning of the line (guy, girl, guy, girl) went down the guys shirt and pants and then passes to the next person and then up her pants and shirt...um....why don't we just have our students take off their close and touch each other inappropriately.

I'm all about games but I'm not sure games like this are achieving the concepts we want our students to learn.

Next week at youth group Free beer and live nudes!

1 comment:

James said...

Did you need some help with some kind of a flyer for next week's program?