Wednesday, February 16, 2005

2/16/05

Hockey: So Hockey might resolve their labor conflict today. If they don't do it today then the rest of the season is done with. I only have one question. Who cares? I seldom watched hockey but appreciated the fans, I always enjoyed going to games but who has $30 a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds? I think it was in 95' when Major League Baseball had their strike. I used to watch every game that came on tv and followed all the stats when the labor dispute came and they quit playing I quit watching. I gradually watch more and more but not as much as I once did. It's been 10 years. I wonder if hockey is prepared for a loss of fan base?

Nat'ls: Speaking of Baseball. I think I've decided to quit rooting for the Orioles and start rooting for the new team the Washington Nationals. I have been and O's fan since I was about 9. I have to be honest my reason for jumping ship is a bad one. The O's are in a division with both the Yankees and the Red Sox so their chance of every making it to another world series is pretty low. With a new team coming to D.C. now is the perfect time.

Light: Last night we were driving back from wal-mart, the sun was setting, almost gone from the sky but about 1/8 of the sky was still light. The rest of the sky was pitch black and you could see the darkness advancing on the small portion of lit sky. Something with that scene resonated with me and defined my life perfectly. I feel like I have a bit of light. I have dedicated my life to spreading that light and sometimes is just feels like the darkness keeps creeping in.It just reminded me we put our hope in an eternal future.

Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight - BNL

No comments: