Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog's day

Big Cars: I understand that as you get into your senior citizen years you have a need to be comfortable. I'd like to think I respect the elderly very much. But why oh why must they drive the huge cars. They have a hard enough turning the wheel and seeing out the windshield without the car being roughly the size of a humvee. I wonder if we could start a national campaign to get seniors to drive toyota echo's or Chevy Cavaliers. I'm writing them a letter today.

Democracy: So Iraq had their elections...that's pretty cool. I think their might be a problem though. Saddam Hussein, you know their former dictator, was actually registered and eligible to cast a ballot. He did not vote from the confines of his prison but it leaves one question unanswered...who would he have voted for?

Cancer: They don't prepare you for this at Bible College. Got a call monday telling me that one of my key students (17 years old) has two spots on his thyroid and that they are cancer. He went in for a PET scan yesterday and the cancer HAS NOT spread to any other area. God is good. He is having surgery today to remove his thyroid. We are confident that God is going to remove this surgery and that David will never have to deal with cancer again.

Jesus Christ is LORD of all!

God gave me this verse in my time with him to show David
"Don't be afraid, for you are deeply loved by God. Be at peace; take heart and be strong!"

No comments: