Thursday, February 10, 2005

Fur coats

PETA: The people for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has found a way to recycle fur coats that they have collected. They were giving them to the homeless of Washington D.C. Good Idea PETA! That's the first constructive thing I've ever heard of PETA doing. Where I'm from they stand at the fishing piers and yell at you.

Fur Coats: One time my Uncle Lenny set up for me and my sister to work at the coat room of the local Elks Lodge. It was their annual Christmas dinner so the men and women were dressed to the hilt and of course they had their fur on. They would hand us their coats and we would hand them their tags. The women would reek of perfume and I would grab the coat and this horrendous smell of cheap perfume and nasty fur coat would envelope me. It was quite tramatic if I remember it 18 years later.

No comments: