Monday, February 28, 2005

Say it don't pray it

I posted this yesterday but blogger kept asking me to login so the post never made it.

Preachers: When I prepare a message, sermon or lesson for my students or the church I feel that what I am talking about is important and really want them to get what I'm talking about. I believe in what I talk about and I believe it can change their lives for the better.

But when I preach and when I hear others preach often they don't get the point across as strongly as they want to or sometimes they just fail miserably. Rather than just take the fall count their losses, pack their Bibles and leave the pulpit they do the miserable. They pray. Now I love prayer and I think it is such a wonderful gift that God has blessed us with. I believe in the power of prayer. But when a message is miserable preaching the message again in the prayer is not recommended. God already heard your message, he unlike the congregation was paying attention and heard every word. His life doesn't need to be changed, he's already perfect.

Bottom line: don't pray your messages, hold the value of prayer higher than that!

No comments: